At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.Project Overview
Pact is recruiting a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID-funded project that will aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by catalyzing private finance to upscale and drive investment in the agriculture, forestry, and other land use sector toward low-emission yet profitable business models. The project will support countries in Asia to scale-up low-emission land management best practices through the development of a pipeline of investible projects and businesses in the sustainable landscapes sector, increased private sector investments into sustainable, low-emissions land management businesses, and improved capacity of sustainable landscapes stakeholders.Position Purpose
The COP will be responsible for the technical leadership and administrative oversight and management of the project. S/he will also serve as the primary liaison to USAID and key project stakeholders, including representatives from businesses, investors, financial institutions, and the public sector. This position is contingent upon award of funds.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall technical direction of the project and management of project activities, providing direction and support to the project team.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure high quality programming to achieve project results.
- Oversee project planning (i.e. development of work plans and operating budget) and reporting (i.e. review and approve periodic budgets and reports).
- Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of Pact and funder resources.
- Ensure that funder and Pact reporting requirements on program impact are met.
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluation; ensure that project impact reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure close coordination with other relevant initiatives in the region and individual countries.
- Serve as Pact’s primary liaison with USAID, Governments, private sector, project implementing partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Represent Pact at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support Pact’s thought leadership.
- Oversee and mentor the project technical and operational team.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior leadership role managing programs in relevant areas such as sustainable natural resource management, sustainable landscapes, agriculture, conservation finance, private sector investment or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working on issues related to sustainable agriculture, forestry, or other land use.
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate change mitigation and role of private sector in investing in sustainable landscapes initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record in successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and ethical management.
- Prior experience in Southeast Asia.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, such as environmental science, agriculture, finance, or business administration.
- Professional level English ability - both written and oral.
- Prior experience working on climate change issues.
- Prior experience with private sector investment, preferably in sustainable landscapes and/or agriculture.
- Prior experience with developing investible projects for impact investment.
- Prior experience as a Chief of Party, Project Director or Team Leader on a relevant project.
- Experience managing regional USAID contracts and cooperative agreements.