At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.Position PurposeThe Team Leader will provide operational oversight and technical leadership for an upcoming DFID Child Protection project and will serve as Pact Tanzania’s primary liaison with the donor and relevant project stakeholders. This position is contingent upon award.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall technical direction of the project and high-level management of the project, providing leadership to the project team to ensure high quality programming to achieve project results.
- Oversee training and mentoring of partners to promote the appropriate use of participatory and community-based approaches in assessments, analysis, planning and monitoring and response.
- Ensure that partners promote 'do no harm' principles and facilitate their integration into all aspects of child protection response
- Serve as Pact’s liaison to the donor, partners, the Government of Tanzania, and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee project planning (i.e., development of work plans and operating budget) and reporting (i.e., review and approve periodic budgets and reports).
- Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of Pact and donor resources.
- Ensure that Pact provides high-quality technical assistance to local partners; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to local partners.
- Ensure that donor and Pact reporting requirements on program impact are met. Oversee project staff in helping partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that Pact’s child protection interventions align with current national and international policies and guidelines.
- Ensure close coordination with other relevant initiatives in-country.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- At least 5 years of experience managing contract-based projects
- At least 10 years of experience working on and leading child protection projects.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field, such as public policy or social work.
- Demonstrated track record in successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees.
- Experience managing complex and multifaceted projects, along with demonstrated skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and achieving results
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and ethical management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with governments and civil society partners.
- Exhibit effective personnel management, coordination, and decision-making skills along with an ability to troubleshoot.
- Possess exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of interacting with other projects, high-level government counterparts, and international agencies.
- Familiarity with political, economic, social, and cultural context of Tanzania and the issues affecting the marginalized and vulnerable children.
- Prior experience working in Tanzania preferred
- Fluency in English