At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.Project Overview
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will support the USAID-funded Green Invest Asia project that will aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by catalyzing private finance to upscale and drive investment in the agriculture, forestry, and other land use sector toward low-emission yet profitable business models. The project will support countries in Asia to scale-up low-emission land management best practices through the development of a pipeline of investable projects and businesses in the sustainable landscapes sector, increased private sector investments into sustainable, low-emissions land management businesses, and improved capacity of sustainable landscapes stakeholders.Position Purpose
The Gender and Social Inclusion (GSI) Advisor will be responsible for and lead the integration of gender and social components within the project. S/he is expected to liaise with USAID, partners, and key project stakeholders. In addition, the GSI Advisor will interface with representatives from businesses, financial institutions, investment firms and the public sector to inform and contribute toward the gender and social inclusion strategy of the project.Key Responsibilities
- Lead the gender and social inclusion analyses and monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead the development of the Gender Action Plan and other project deliverables as required.
- Contribute in strengthening gender components of social assessments in close coordination with partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinate with GIA team members for the integration of gender and social inclusion components in screening processes for project beneficiaries.
- Lead research and develop recommendations for project team on contextual gender and social inclusion issues.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced university degree in social science/economics human rights, gender/women's
- studies, international development or other relevant field;
- At least seven years of experience in international development;
- At least five years of experience in integrating gender equality and female empowerment into programming;
- Must be fluent in English.
- Prior experience working in South East Asia.
- Prior experience with addressing gender equality issues and creating economic opportunities for women’s leadership and participation.
- Prior experience with private sector investment, preferably in sustainable landscapes and/or agriculture, and its interface with gender and social inclusions considerations.
- Prior experience working on climate change issues.
- Prior experience with developing investable projects for impact investment.
- Experience managing regional USAID contracts and cooperative agreements.